Updated: Severe weather events in Southern Tasmania
First published on May 11, 2018
Recent flash flooding impacted a number of Hobart suburbs with cars swept away, trees uprooted and more than 10,000 homes have been left without power.
MyState services status
MyState branch and Customer Care services have now returned to normal operating hours. If you were impacted by recent weather events and need to make an insurance claim please contact CGU directly.
Need to make a claim? We’re here to help.
The quickest and easiest way to make a claim is to contact CGU directly on 13 24 80. Claims can be lodged 24 hours / 7 days a week.
What information do I need to make a claim?
In general, you will need to provide the following details:
- your policy number
- standard information to identify yourself
- the name of the insured on the policy
- detailed description of the incident
- the date of loss and the loss address
- any details of other parties involved (if applicable).
You can help the claims process by:
- Taking photos of damage to your property
- Keeping damaged property and items so we can inspect and assess the damage if required
- Getting in touch with us as soon as possible to make a claim