What is the Banking Code of Practice (the Code)?
A set of commitments made to you by the banking industry, which encompass the best practice standards we’ve adopted.
Complying with the Code is mandatory for all Australian Banking Association (ABA) member banks, like us. We voluntarily joined the ABA, and we’re by far one of the smallest bank’s (in size - not heart) to do so.
The Code has been reviewed to improve banking services in line with community standards and expectations, with the updated code effective from July 1 2019.
Why is the Code important to me?
The Code matters to you, if you are;
- An Individual
- Small business
It gives you convenient access to information which is clearer and easier to understand, that can empower your actions and decisions in your banking.
What does the Code include?
10 fun size sections about:
- How the Code works
- Your banking relationship
- Opening an account and using banking services
- Inclusive and accessible banking
- When you apply for a loan
- Lending to a small business
- Guaranteeing a loan
- Managing your account
- When things go wrong and you may be in financial difficulty
- Resolving your complaint
Check out the full Banking Code of Practice.
Our commitment to you, is what it’s always been, to put you first - always, and being one of the first banks to put our hands up to subscribe to the code is just another way we do this.
What can I do if I don’t think you’re following the code?
If you have a specific complaint with us relating to the Code, get in touch by;
- calling us on 138 001 (between 8:00am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday and 9:00am to 1:00pm on Saturdays, except on public holidays);
- using this online form;
- emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- visiting your local branch; or
- Writing to us at: Complaints & Feedback, GPO Box 1274, Hobart Tasmania 7001.
If you aren’t happy with our response, you can contact our external dispute resolution body, the Australian Financial Complaints Authority.
Address: Australian Financial Complaints Authority GPO Box 3 Melbourne VIC 3001
Phone: 1800 931 678
You can otherwise get in touch with the Banking Code Compliance Committee (BCCC) if you believe there’s been a breach of the code;
Address: PO Box 14240 Melbourne VIC 8001
Phone: 1800 931 678
Fax: 03 9613 7481